Friday, May 18, 2007

Dear Mr. Bon Jovi



I should have written to Jon years ago to thank him for helping me meet my husband, but I guess now is as good of time as any.

This photo is from 1987. I looked for a current photo of him but didn't have much luck. I did find video though. I personally think he is even better looking now. Did you see him on American Idol a few weeks ago. Wow!!!

I saw him in concert 20 years ago. Yep 20 years. How it could feel like just yesterday and feel like a different life all at the same time. I don't remember any details of the Bon Jovi the concert, but then again I know I saw lots of concerts that I don't remember. (Ronny James Dio, Twisted Sister, Poison just to name a few). Anyway I am getting side tracked.

I didn't actually meet Jon, nor did he actually introduce Tim and I. Like I said I went to a Bon Jovi concert, I guess I bought a T-shirt. One day during my 2nd year at college I was wearing my t-shirt. I was sitting in my RA's room. (her name is Holly). Holly's boyfriend (Todd) came in and saw my shirt. Todd knew I was single and preceded to tell me I should meet his friend Tim. I told him "No Thanks". (I did not want a boy friend I was happy being single). Well, Holly and Todd didn't take no for an answer. They sneakily set up a blind date. They invited my over to have dinner one night. After they knew I was coming then they told me Tim would be there. I almost didn't go just because they were being so sneaky. We ate Spaghetti and went bowling. Tim and I hit it off right away and the rest is History.

So this is for you Jon. In the form of a Haiku

Dear Mr. Jon Bon Jovi
Thanks for helping me find Tim
Rock on Dude, Rock on.

I sure wish I would have kept that t-shirt. Wouldn't that have been fun.

8 comments:

rt said...

Thanks for the welcome to the web world. I too have forgotten many concerts! I can remember some only when prompted. Must be some left over brain haze. Ah the stupidity of my youth. As I have aged I have developed a hearing problem. I can hear an octave higher than most people and many types of music make me cringe. This is a good/bad thing.

Katie R. said...

What a cute story. Those are fun to hear/read. I'm guessing the concert was the Slippery When Wet tour?

Kim N. said...

Katie --Yes, It was the slippery When Wet tour.

Charlene- I guess I am confused. I though rock concert made you loose your hearing. How could you hear an octave higher than most people- and how do you know this?
I do Cringe at the sound of some music now. I guess I just grew up. My problem is my husband's taste in music did not grow up. He now listen to Christian music but it doesn't really sound like it. --He has also convinced all 3 children to follow is "hard Rock music" lead. My 5 year old loves Toby Mack (sp?) We lovingly refer to the "hard stuff" as NON-MOM FRIENDLY.

Kim N. said...

thought not Though

Carla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Dio! That's what I'm talking about!

Carla said...

Most concerts are a big fog for me too. Rick Springfield, Loverboy, Billy Squier...it's all part of my testimony. :)

Reegz said...

You're right, he's much hotter now! I was never a concert person but enjoyed a few "lalapalooza's and Edgefests" Don't remember them but that's probably alright I'm thinkin'.