Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Summer vacation Part2


Bayfield/Apostle Islands:
Here we are on a tour of a light house. We rode in a boat over to Raspberry Island. On the island was a house that the light keeper lived in. The Park service has just finish renovating the house and it looked beautiful!! The house was renovated to perfectly represent the year 1924. It was fun to think that my grandpa was 20 years old during that time and my grandma was 11.
While we were there took a 2 mile hike to a beach on the other side of the island. The water was very clear but a little chilly! Over all a great day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim...your boy in Awana this year? Email me: pat.stream@gmail.com.

Katie R. said...

How fun! My parents took my sister and I there in the late 80s for a family vacation. I still remember the cute stores and the boat ride we took around the islands. It's so pretty up there.

kristi noser said...

Did you take the tour? I thought it was extremely interesting.