Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Hug a Loon

I was driving Mikale to gymnastics on Monday and I saw a bumper sticker that said "Hug a Loon". What does that mean? Is there a hidden message in there somewhere? I don't know a lot about Loons, but I am pretty sure they wouldn't like to be hugged! Of all the birds it seems as though Loons stay as far away from people as possible. How am I going to hug it?

We were at my Mom's up north and she lives on a lake. We paddled out to the little island in the middle of this very small lake. (we call the boat a paddle boat???--the type you paddle by using your legs--kinda like riding a bike---anyway...) We thought we saw a loon on the island, but it didn't look right. We got closer to check it out. It popped up and flew right at us. We tried to get away, but steering and going quickly just didn't happen! The loon then jumped into the water and would attack the boat. We would think we were safe then all of a sudden it would come up from under the water. Kinda like a shark in the Jaws movies. It was scary. I think Megan was about 4 years old.

So why am I hugging a Loon? And of all the things in the world to feel strongly about and place a statement on the back of your car, this is all you can come up with? Do you really want $ to fund Loon environment or a Loon breeding program? If so then tell me that, don't tell me to hug a Loon. I might get my eye poked out or something.

3 comments:

Reegz said...

I think they meant a "loon" like a "loony." That HAS to be what it meant. Hug a loon? What?

kristi noser said...

That means I'm gonna get lots of hugs...

Katie R. said...

You are all hilarious!